What is it about having a little baby that makes me want more babies? As in now. Of course, I'm not planning on doing that for a number of reasons (along with with fact that I'm not even ovulating at this point anyway), but it seems that with each child I fall so in love with them at this stage that I feel like doing it all over again. Last night while nursing Amos, I was having that head-over-heels feeling and I looked over at Robby and asked him, "How could anyone do this once or twice and feel as though they're done?" It doesn't make sense to either one of us. I know that everyone is different, but, to us, it's such a foreign concept to put a number on your family. Ultimately Robby and I want what God wants (whether that be 3 or 13 kids), but we truly and deeply desire many more children to fill our lives and our hearts with. I envision us living on a farm or an orchard in a big, old house with several children running around playing, learning at home, and growing up happily surrounded with their many siblings. It makes me blissfully excited to think of growing old with a full house of children, grandchildren, and possibly great-grandchildren for birthdays, holidays, and perhaps even weekly Sunday get togethers. It's a dream that, luckily, my husband shares with me.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Let's do it again!
What is it about having a little baby that makes me want more babies? As in now. Of course, I'm not planning on doing that for a number of reasons (along with with fact that I'm not even ovulating at this point anyway), but it seems that with each child I fall so in love with them at this stage that I feel like doing it all over again. Last night while nursing Amos, I was having that head-over-heels feeling and I looked over at Robby and asked him, "How could anyone do this once or twice and feel as though they're done?" It doesn't make sense to either one of us. I know that everyone is different, but, to us, it's such a foreign concept to put a number on your family. Ultimately Robby and I want what God wants (whether that be 3 or 13 kids), but we truly and deeply desire many more children to fill our lives and our hearts with. I envision us living on a farm or an orchard in a big, old house with several children running around playing, learning at home, and growing up happily surrounded with their many siblings. It makes me blissfully excited to think of growing old with a full house of children, grandchildren, and possibly great-grandchildren for birthdays, holidays, and perhaps even weekly Sunday get togethers. It's a dream that, luckily, my husband shares with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have gotten so behind on your blog! Love this post- how sweet...they ARE such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI too have been behind on your blog. Im right with you on this post. Who knows the number of children we will have running around here. Love the pic of your beautiful babies...
ReplyDelete