Sunday, December 28, 2008

Announcing...


WE'RE PREGNANT!

It makes me so happy to say that! I don't know that I've ever been quite this thrilled to be expecting a baby. Even though I'm not the type to particularly enjoy pregnancy, I am ecstatic to be in this position because I know what the outcome will be. Thank you, Lord; my two older babies are both so precious to me and to be blessed enough to add a third... wow.


So would y'all like to know how I told Robby? I took a test on the night of December 15th and barely got a hint of a positive line. At first, I swore that I saw a tiny bit of something, but when I went back later to look, I convinced myself that my eyes had played tricks on me. Just to be sure, I woke up the following morning and took a digital test. While I waited for it to show the results, I made my way to the kitchen trash can because I was sure it was going to be negative. Turns out, it popped up and read "Pregnant" instead! I almost couldn't believe it. I was like, "Where's the 'Not' next to the 'Pregnant'?" I then dragged Robby out of bed and asked him to play Scrabble with me. Before he could make it into the room to start, I took out the letters I'd need for my plan. We played for a while and I was just waiting to make my move, but I needed him to leave first. Jasper pooped in his diaper, so I asked Rob to change it. ;-) When he left, I pulled out my hidden letters and spelled "pregnant" on the board and waited for him to return. When he did, he looked down at it and said, "That's too many letters for one turn!" I couldn't believe he didn't understand! So I said, "Hello, I'm pregnant!" He kept asking if I was serious, so I showed him the test I'd taken an hour or so before (that's him checking it out in the second photo). He was happy!


Almost everyone knows now. We shared the news with our families on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and it was so much fun. I'm due in the first half of September.


We're on our way to the big family we've always wanted!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails