Monday, October 22, 2012

Let's do this already!

The plan is to close on our house in the mountains on Friday, as well as the house we're selling here in central AR. This process has been a fight; from the government completely running out of money for a certain home loan program (one that the buyers of the house we're selling have been knee-deep in for their loan), to our bank having to send back the appraisal for "corrections" on the house we're purchasing, we've had a rough go of getting this all finalized and complete. We have been forced to change the closing/moving dates THREE TIMES. We've also had to have all active parties sign an extension on the original contract (which takes some work). Hopefully this will all be over and done with come this weekend. We are so ready to move into our new place!


The kids are all doing really good. Ireland is turning 9 in December and she's already beginning to show signs of pre-teendom. I am correcting her more lately in her attitude. It's hard for us both. I remember what it was like becoming a pre-teen; it's not easy! There's a lot more attempted back talk, incessant asking, and open displeasure when asked to perform certain tasks. I can't blame her, but I can see where I have to hold steady and be consistent so that she turns into an even more beautiful young lady. She has an amazing heart and the sweetest spirit. I am so proud of who she is growing into.


I'm trying to potty train Amos. It's not working out all that great, to be honest. He's got peeing in the potty down well, but pooping is a whole different ball game. Plain and simple, this kid does NOT and will NOT poop in the potty. Only in his diaper at nap time will he go for it. I guess it's "safe" then. He's been wearing underwear around the house lately and he doesn't have many accidents, but getting that child to go #2 like a normal human being has not been a smooth road, no matter what you offer him. There's a mental block there. I'm pretty sure he's just plain afraid of doing it. Ya know, something like, "Dat potty is gonna EAT my poo poo!!" *sigh* The joys of parenting.


We've started a new homeschool curriculum this year called Time 4 Learning. So far Jasper and Ireland absolutely love it. Anything that has to do with being on the computer is a 100% great idea to them. They're enjoying it, although we haven't developed a consistent routine yet this year due to the "we're moving... wait, no, not yet" scenario. It has us in a sort of limbo around here. Either way they're digging the program and are doing well at it. And it's a lot less expensive than the previous school I had Ireland in. That's a definite plus!


Once we are moved and settled in a bit I think life will feel more balanced. We're all needing that right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails