Friday, January 7, 2011

16 weeks



Tomorrow (1/8/11) I will be 16 weeks pregnant. I look at that number and feel both surprised and as though it should be higher. It seems I have been pregnant much longer some days, and other days I can't believe that in a matter of a few weeks I'll be 50% of the way through gestating this child. I'll be honest in that I won't be sad when it's over! I want to meet my new baby very much, but I am not one of those women who love being pregnant. And this pregnancy I especially feel very much unlike my normal self. Talk about struggling to maintain a good attitude... geez. It's an every day battle to keep my temper down. Many times for little to no reason. I definitely didn't feel this way with Amos. Not even close. I feel like the poster child for mental instability during pregnancy. No fun!

We're 10 days away from having our first ultrasound. Most likely our only ultrasound. Because we probably won't have one ordered by our midwife, we have decided to have an elective one and pay for it ourselves. We want to know what kind of baby this is! ;) We'll be taking the kidlets in with us, just like last time, and we'll all watch baby float around in there together. Afterward we plan to have lunch out.

It's gonna be a busy rest of Winter! My calendar is booked with playdates, parties, client births, photo sessions, the kids' basketball practices/games, etc, etc. I'm looking forward to staying occupied until Spring arrives and we can enjoy being outdoors again in the sunshine. Oh how I loathe dark, cold days. Mama needs regular doses of that good ol' Vitamin D!

4 comments:

  1. Who does your pay out of pocket ultrasounds?

    And you look great! Your body fared much better over the course of 3 babies than mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Views in Little Rock is where we're going for our ultrasound. http://www.babyviews.com/

    Thank you for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that might be where you were going. Shea is my aunt! She has done all my u/s with the boys. I always think she and my boys must have a special connection b/c she's the first one that ever "saw" them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I didn't know she's your aunt. That's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails